Coog modules list
Contract model and life cycle management.
- Contract: Defines a contract (subscriber, covered elements, options).
- Contract group: Managing a sets of covered elements (population, fleet).
- Contract Eligibility: Tests subscriber’s or covered element’s eligibility for a product or coverage.
- Contract Underwriting: Decision by contract and options, underwriting rules, partial or total underwriting.
- Contract Term/Renewal: Defines contracts’ terms and renewals if needed.
- Clause: Clauses library (standard clause and beneficiary clauses), and storage on a contract with possible customizations
- Contract Set: Grouping contracts into synchronized sets.
- Contract Life: Life insurance for persons (covers death, disease, disability, etc.)
- Contract Health: Covers health expenses
- Contract Loan: Creating and managing loans, calculation of amortization tables. Adds covered loans and insured loan shares to contract information.
- Average Premium Rate: Computes required regulation information for loan contracts (Average Premium Rate, Annual Percentage Rate)
- Coverage Amount: Covering an amount (free or one of a configurable list defined on the coverage).
- Coverage Amount Revaluation: Revaluation of a coverage amount at each renewal according to a calculation rule.
- Cash Value: allows to define contracts for which the money paid as a premium is capitalized and can be bought back by the subscriber
- [1.14] Contract Reduction: Allows to configure and perform contract reductions
- [1.14] Contract Surrender: Allows to configure and perform contract surrenders
- P&C: Defining freely insurable entities and building simple products, coverages, benefits, and contracts for them
- [1.12] External Number: Adds an unique external contract number to be able to communicate with an other system.
- [1.12] Planned Event: This provides an API to easily add configuration on models to automatically create and process planned events
- [1.14] Rights suspension: Allows the creation of rights suspensions periods when contract is on hold.
- [1.14] Oustandings triggered suspensions: Allows the creation of rights suspensions periods when having a dunning which suspends a contract.
Contract modifications after its activation, according to the subscriber’s requests. Allowing to apply or cancel the changes.
- Endorsement: Basic contract endorsements - start date modification, termination, subscriber modification, options modifications, clauses, etc.
- Endorsement Set: Synchronized application of endorsements on contract sets.
- Endorsement Party: Modifying parties the same way we modify contracts, triggering associated contracts recalculation if needed.
- Full Contract Revision: When a complete overhaul is needed, relaunches a subscription-like process on a contract. Same as voiding the contract and recreating it, but with preset information and no history loss.
- Endorsement Loan: Modifying contract data specific to the loan insurance business - loans, loan shares.
- Endorsement Renewal: Renewing contract through endorsements, applying eligibility and term rules.
- Premium: Calculating the insurance premium, setting fees on a contract
- Invoice: Using calculated premiums to generate periodic (or one-shot) invoices according to the contract’s billing frequency.
- Waiver of Premium: Configuration and realization of waivers of premiums per coverage, preservation of commissions.
- Dunning: Handling dunning of unpaid invoices, including letters, dunning fees, and contract termination
- Supplier Invoice Insurance: Entry point to enter medical acts invoices
Handling ingoing payments (direct debit, cheque, credit card, etc.) and outgoing (wire transfer, cheque letter)
- Bank: Banks to be used on parties’ bank accounts.
- Payment: Handling in and out payments. Automatic accounting reconciliation.
- SEPA Payment: Generation of SEPA files for automated in and out direct debit, managing direct debit failures files
- [1.14] Bank Mobility: The bank mobility norm defines a new sepa file (named Flow 5) that provides all information to update billing informations.
- Statement: Cheque, credit card or wire transfer payments
- Cheque Letter: Payment by cheque letter and printing
- Payment Dunning: Triggering automatic dunning actions on payment reject
- [1.12] Paybox System Payment: Possibility to process “paybox system” payments
- [1.12] Oustandings triggered suspensions: Creation of rights suspensions periods when having a dunning which suspends a contract
General ledger interface
- Accounting: Fiscal years, accounting plan, journals, balances, per party / contract accounting
- Accounting interface: Interface with external accounting software, configuration of automatic aggregation of accounting moves
Claim declaration and payments
- Claim: Losses configuration, benefit eligibility, indemnification calculation, required documents during claim declaration and treatment
- Life claim: Handling recurring benefits (computed on a daily basis)
- Group life claim: Managing legal entity at claim and indemnification calculation based on salary
- [1.10] Claim Group Life FR : Managing salary according to french regulation
- Loan claim: Loan specific data in indemnification calculation rules.
- Health Claim: Managing health specifics in claims - healthcare expenses, medical act description repository
- [1.12] Eckert Law: Handles the French Eckert Low in the death claim treatment
- [1.12] Underwriting: Links underwritings to claims and decisions to claims or services.
- [1.14] Benefit Synchronisation: This module adds the possibility to declare principal / dependant relationships between benefits that will be used in other modules (indemnification /eligibility), so that dependants will not be usable if the principal is not.
- [1.14] Indemnification Synchronisation: Synchronizes indemnifications of delivered services which are linked with a base / complement relation. The base’s indemnification data are available when computing the complement indemnification.
- [1.14] Service Numbering: Configures sequences on benefits. When giving the loss instructions, Coog will assign a number on the delivered service.
Managing commissions for business providers / insurers / etc.
- Commission: Linear commissions computation, also supports rule engine integration for commission rate calculations. Commissions can be paid either on posted or paid invoices depending on the configuration. Custom commissions agreements, commission invoices generation. Transfer broker portfolios.
- Insurer commissions: Calculation and insurer invoices generation, with dedicated reporting
- Multi level commission: Multiple commission levels, with specific agreements if required
- Orias: Adding Orias number to brokers
- Prepayment: Pre-paid commissions configuration, and automatic adjustment of pre-paid amounts in case of endorsements or early termination. Rules definition to trigger commission cancellations (e.g.: on the 24 first months)
- Commission Endorsement: Creating contract endorsements to modify the way a given contract is commissioned, with the proper adjustments.
- [1.14] Commissions Report: Generates more finely and easily commission invoice report. It is also possible to automatically generate commission invoice reports once they are created.
Setting-up distribution network and commercial products
- Distribution: Setting-up a distribution network for commercial products. Creation of multiple commercial products based on the same technical product, so a given product can be sold by different entities under different names (white label)
Document creation and generation
- Document: Defining document kinds
- Document Request: Grouping multiple required documents (on a contract for instance) to generate a document request to be sent to the subscriber
- Contract document request: Configuration of requested documents for contract subscription, per contract / covered element / coverage
- Report Engine: Templates configuration for each business document, choice of an output format, storage configuration in the internal document management system, or to a folder for use in another system. Configuration tools to define data to export in a flow to an external printing tool.
- [1.12] Email reports generation: Sends emails using the report engine and its possible configuration templates.
- [1.14] SMS reports generation: Sends text messages using the report engine. A module implementing a sending service should be also installed
- [1.14] SMS PrimoText reports generation: Sends text messages using the report engine and the service “PrimoTexto”.
Configuration of business processes
- Process Engine: Technical tools for client side step-by-step process design
- Subscription Process: Toolset for contract subscription process configuration
- Group Subscription Process: Subscription process for group contracts
- Endorsement Process: Processes for contract endorsements
- Group Endorsement Process: Endorsement processes for group contracts
- Claim Declaration: Toolset for claim declaration process configuration
Default reports included with Coog
- Insurer Reporting: Report on the existing contracts and commissions for the insurers
- Account Reporting: Turnover report per insurance product and per month
All features which are not directly related to the insurance business
- Party: Handling parties (persons or companies) and their relations. A synthesis view displays a summary of critical data - contact mechanisms, addresses, account balance
- [1.10] Party Interlocutor : Managing interlocutors (name, contact information) for a legal entity
- Currency: Currencies and their exchange rates
- Company: Users separation based on the company they are working for.
- Country: Pre-create countries and zip codes to ease party addresses creation
- Hexaposte: Handling of french HEXAPOSTE norm for import and update of the zip codes repository.
The magic we created
- Toolbox: Export / Import everything (product configuration, etc.) between databases, batch management, integrity checks
- Event handling: For each business event, configuration of actions to trigger - document generation, task creation, etc.
- [1.10] Event Email : Configuration and triggering e-mails from events
- [1.14] Planned Event: Provides an API to easily add configuration on models to automatically create and process planned events.
- LDAP: LDAP configuration for authentication
- Rule Engine: Defining complex rules client side, for eligibility, premium calculation, benefit amounts, commission rates, etc.
- Matrix: Creating 1, 2, 3, n dimensions matrices, to be used in rules
- Tasks: Defining fine-grained task dispatching, team configuration
- Migrator: Tools to describe the structure of an external database and migrate its content to Coog
- [1.14] Sequence: Sets a max number on an incremental sequence. Once the limit is reached, an error occurred. An event can be configured to be sent [N] iterations before reaching the sequence limit. A sequence can handle sub-sequences with a period of validity.